MBP 101. Michael Lauria-Forging Excalibur
Michael is a Men’s Mentor and Relationship Coach with over 15 years experience helping people achieve better results in all areas of their lives from relationships, career, business and money. He works with small-medium business and organisations guiding CEO’s and their staff through complicated staff management and re-structures.
Michael is a published author of “Forging Excalibur – Rediscover your Masculinity”, speaker and group facilitator He has been featured on local, national, and international radio and podcasts.
He has a background in counselling, coaching and advanced knowledge and training in neuroscience, neuro-plasticity and the relationship between the conscious and sub-conscious minds.
Michael’s absolute passion is helping Men to embody and integrate all aspects of their masculinity and help them to grow into the Man they envision for themselves, their families and communities.
Michael lives in Melbourne with his wife and three children.
Get rewards and support Men’s Health: Become a Patron of The ManBits. Join our growing MBP Facebook Community, Check us out at Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Subscribe to The ManBits Podcast on Apple Podcasts or on Android.
- Paul introduces Michael
- Michael’s journey as an Author
- His purpose to bring his passion project to the world
- How was life growing up for Michael
- His massive responsibility to get married at 21 and have children
- His battle about anxiety and depression and how he get through it
- How he started counselling men’s group and helped them went through those areas of difficulty and adversity in life
- Michael’s diploma in counselling and did some further education about neuroscience and neuro-plasticity about how the mind works
- His personal development journey
- How his coaching career started
- The relationship between conscious and sub-conscious mind
- The Warrior Archetype
- How to be fully embodied in a much integrated way
- The importance of self-awareness and gratitude
- How to control anger through self-awareness
- Michael’s book entitled “Forging Excalibur”
- The seven standards of Men
- The importance of 100 percent ultimate responsibility in order to have healthy relationship and become an empowered person
- How to escape from a difficult conversation
- The definition of success
The Middle Bits:
What’s your #1 tip for a fulfilled life?
“High Levels of self-awareness. Find a coach, find a mentor, find someone who walk your path. Or find someone who is in the place in life where you desire to be.”
Is there a lesson that you’ve learned out of school that is not taught in school?
“Everything I’ve learned over the past 15 years. If I could break it down to one thing how the mind works, the relationship between the conscious and the sub-conscious mind.”
“If we talk about this stuff in school and taught kids at an appropriate age about gratitude, we would see teenagers that have high levels of self-awareness and live more purposeful lives and contribute to society and would take responsibility for themselves. They would live life with integrity and compassion.”
What are you grateful for right now?
“I am just grateful for the person that I had the opportunity to grow into and the person that I had been able to become as a result to my own journey and then because of that I may able to serve people on a higher level than I ever had been able to before.”
- “It’s really about understanding coming into awareness of what it is in subconscious mind. And as men, how to become fully integrated with what you consciously aware of and what you sub-consciously unaware of.”
- “As soon as you take 100 percent ultimate responsibility for everything in your life, you’re going to empower yourself to make changes in areas that are not serving or not working.”
Facebook: The Man Space
Connect with The ManBits
- Get rewards and support Men’s Health: Become a Patron of The ManBits
- Join our growing MBP Facebook Community
- Follow Paul @themanbits on Twitter
- Follow Follow @themanbits on Instagram
- Email feedback@TheManBits.com (short audio files welcome)
Disclosure: This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship and may receive compensation from your actions through such links. However, I don’t let that corrupt my perspective and I don’t recommend only affiliates.
Disclaimer: Some of the content of this podcast may contain topics of a sensitive nature such as depression, anxiety and suicide. Whilst I have experience in coaching, training and remedial therapy I’m not to provide mental health advice or counselling. Therefore, engaging with the content of this podcast should not be considered a substitute to professional therapy.
GET THE INSIDE STORY
Join the growing community and receive podcast updates to your inbox
We respect your privacy