MBP 76. The Man Rules - Dan Griffin
Dan Griffin, M.A., is an internationally recognized author, thought leader, and expert on men’s relationships and masculinity.
Dan’s work and life is dedicated to exploring and redefining what it means to be a man in the 21st century. Dan is dedicated to helping men be better men by understanding the impact of the Man Rules® on their lives and finding the success in their personal lives they are striving for in their professional lives. Griffin’s book, A Man’s Way through Relationships, is the first book written specifically to help men create healthy relationships while navigating the challenges of the “Man Rules,” those ideas men internalize at very young ages about how to be real boys and men. Dan was honored to serve as a Senior Fellow at the world-renowned leader for treating addiction and trauma, The Meadows from 2015 through 2017.
Get rewards and support Men’s Health: Become a Patron of The ManBits. Join our growing MBP Facebook Community, Check us out at Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Subscribe to The ManBits Podcast on Apple Podcasts or on Android.
- Paul introduces Dan
- Dan’s life before college
- He always saw himself as a writer
- Dan recalls his journey of addiction
- His pivotal moment of clarity that helped him recover from addiction
- Dan’s definition of Man Rules in connection to relationships
The Middle Bits:
What is your #1 tip for a fulfilled life?
Connection with other people
Who inspired you through being coached or mentored along the way?
Anthony de Mello’s book called Awareness
A lesson you’ve learned since school but perhaps isn’t taught in school?
Humility and not taking ourselves seriously
What’s one word that would set your intention for the next 12 months?
- Being able to do what you love is making a decision to do it
- The ability of a man to find lasting recovery is contingent on his ability to ask, accept, and offer help with no expectation of return
- The essence of a meaningful life is connection
- Be prepared to have a difficult conversation with an open dialogue with respect
What Men Would Tell You If They Weren’t Too Busy Watching TV (soon to be published)
Connect with The ManBits
- Get rewards and support Men’s Health: Become a Patron of The ManBits
- Join our growing MBP Facebook Community
- Follow Paul @themanbits on Twitter
- Follow Follow @themanbits on Instagram
- Email feedback@TheManBits.com (short audio files welcome)
Disclosure: This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship and may receive compensation from your actions through such links. However, I don’t let that corrupt my perspective and I don’t recommend only affiliates.
Disclaimer: Some of the content of this podcast may contain topics of a sensitive nature such as depression, anxiety and suicide. Whilst I have experience in coaching, training and remedial therapy I’m not to provide mental health advice or counselling. Therefore, engaging with the content of this podcast should not be considered a substitute to professional therapy.
GET THE INSIDE STORY
Join the growing community and receive podcast updates to your inbox
We respect your privacy