MBP 82. The Comeback Coach - Richard Kaufman
Richard Kaufman is known as “The Comeback Coach” for all the work he is doing with helping veterans and people in general to overcome their addictions to drugs and alcohol.
Richard now is the General Managers of the most successful GNC in NJ. He spends his remaining time with public speaking, writing his new book and helping thousands to get control over their life and become the best version of themselves possible. He hosts weekly live videos on his Facebook page, with thousands of followers and also spends a lot of time bringing awareness to all of the daily suicides that are affecting our veterans and society in general.
Get rewards and support Men’s Health: Become a Patron of The ManBits. Join our growing MBP Facebook Community, Check us out at Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Subscribe to The ManBits Podcast on Apple Podcasts or on Android.
- Paul introduces Richard
- Richard helping other people helps him stay clean and sober
- Richard’s first experience with alcohol
- Richard joined the military at 17
- His first job as a bartender
- The catalyst that led him to change
- Richard’s journey on 90 days
- His advice to people who went through similar situation
- Richard’s business
- The reason he was called a comeback coach
The Middle Bits:
What’s your #1 tip for a fulfilled life?
Gratitude. Be grateful for what you have because somebody else out there is dying for what you have.
Is there a person you could mention, a coach or mentor or someone that has helped you or inspired you along the way since 1820?
A couple of modern day mentors that are investing their time in me
What’s the main thing you think that you’ve learned since school that they don’t teach in school?
They don’t teach coping mechanism
If there’s a word you could choose that would set your intention for the next 12 months, what would that word be?
- Don’t take anybody for granted because they can’t be there any longer
- Have an attitude of gratitude
- There is a difference between hearing and listening
- The learning doesn’t stop until after the education
- Things happen for you not to you
The Hero’s Journey by Richard Kaufman (soon to be published)
Connect with The ManBits
- Get rewards and support Men’s Health: Become a Patron of The ManBits
- Join our growing MBP Facebook Community
- Follow Paul @themanbits on Twitter
- Follow Follow @themanbits on Instagram
- Email feedback@TheManBits.com (short audio files welcome)
Disclosure: This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship and may receive compensation from your actions through such links. However, I don’t let that corrupt my perspective and I don’t recommend only affiliates.
Disclaimer: Some of the content of this podcast may contain topics of a sensitive nature such as depression, anxiety and suicide. Whilst I have experience in coaching, training and remedial therapy I’m not to provide mental health advice or counselling. Therefore, engaging with the content of this podcast should not be considered a substitute to professional therapy.
GET THE INSIDE STORY
Join the growing community and receive podcast updates to your inbox
We respect your privacy