MBP 88. What Motivates You? - Mark Terrell
Mark Terrell is the founder of The Reluctant Leader. He is also the founder and owner of 1st Class Coaching Solutions.
After running a successful family business for over 25 years, Mark now helps owner manage and family businesses to make the most of their strengths through greater understanding and co-operation.
Get rewards and support Men’s Health: Become a Patron of The ManBits. Join our growing MBP Facebook Community, Check us out at Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Subscribe to The ManBits Podcast on Apple Podcasts or on Android.
- Paul introduces Mark
- Mark and their family business
- His father’s influence on him
- Growing the business, innovating and moving forward
- The idea behind “The Reluctant Leader”
- Mark on motivation
- Motivational maps
- Motivation on businesses
The Middle Bits:
What’s your #1 tip for a fulfilled life?
To take responsibility
Is there a particular coach, mentor or person who has inspired you along the way?
Is there a lesson that you’ve learned out of school that is not taught in school?
Seek help whenever we need it
What’s your one word of intention for the next 12 months?
Nike (Just do it)
- It doesn’t matter how good somebody is at what they’re doing, if they’re not motivated, it’s pointless.
- Motivation means motive and action; the stronger the motive, the more likely we are to take action.. if we have little motive, we are not likely to take actions.
- There’s no good or bad motivations; it’s whether in context those motivations are helping you, whether you can do something about them because you can’t change what motivates you.
Connect with The ManBits
- Get rewards and support Men’s Health: Become a Patron of The ManBits
- Join our growing MBP Facebook Community
- Follow Paul @themanbits on Twitter
- Follow Follow @themanbits on Instagram
- Email feedback@TheManBits.com (short audio files welcome)
Disclosure: This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship and may receive compensation from your actions through such links. However, I don’t let that corrupt my perspective and I don’t recommend only affiliates.
Disclaimer: Some of the content of this podcast may contain topics of a sensitive nature such as depression, anxiety and suicide. Whilst I have experience in coaching, training and remedial therapy I’m not to provide mental health advice or counselling. Therefore, engaging with the content of this podcast should not be considered a substitute to professional therapy.
GET THE INSIDE STORY
Join the growing community and receive podcast updates to your inbox
We respect your privacy