MBP 92. Mindful Stress Management - Jason Moore
Jason Moore is a qualified Counsellor, a Motivator, a Psychotherapist and a Therapeutic Life Coach. He studied Masters in Counselling and Psychotherapy from the University of Adelaide. He has a passion for helping others which is led directly to his profession. His practice focuses on a mindful base person centered therapeutic approach.
Jason spent a lot of his time figuring out what he wanted to do with his life. He did some self-reflection on what possible careers to pursue which got him into Motivational Counselling. He is quite interested with theories and how the mind works. He found out that he loves the aspect of helping people who are feeling unstuck, depress, experiencing anxiety, who lack passion. That kind of difficult emotions and struggles.
During his masters, he went through difficult times which did make him reflect inward on why he’s doing what he’s doing. It made him realize his passion and purpose to make a bigger impact in this world as best as he can. Jason is now an Owner and Founder at Motivational Counselling Solutions which focuses on managing stress, anxiety, depression, addiction, conflicts and more.
Get rewards and support Men’s Health: Become a Patron of The ManBits. Join our growing MBP Facebook Community, Check us out at Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Subscribe to The ManBits Podcast on Apple Podcasts or on Android.
- Paul introduces Jason
- How Jason do what he loves
- His passion for helping people to save lives
- The importance of reflection in order to see yourself in the future
- Helping people to make a difference
- Finding purpose and pursuing career
- The key differences between psychology and psychotherapy, psychiatry and counselling
- The importance of mental health routine check up
- The importance of counsellor or therapist to connect and communicate with
- Jason’s experienced and struggled in school with bullying
- How to forgive and move on from the past
- Some of the biggest epiphany moments that Jason came up with
- The benefits of mindfulness
- How strength building and goal setting affect your life to succeed
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- How to better manage internal dialogue
The Middle Bits:
What’s your #1 tip for a fulfilled life?
Identify your values and live a value rich life. Find the things that set your heart on fire.
Is there a lesson that you’ve learned out of school that is not taught in school?
Mindfulness skills. Mindfulness and meditation are such a powerful tool to use for internal self-discoveries.
What’s your one word of intention for the next 12 months?
- Learn to forgive. You can’t move on if you can’t forgive from the past. Learn to accept the element of it.
- Learn to acknowledge that it’s OK to have gone through difficult times. Our past doesn’t have to define who we are now.
- Learn to reconnect with self, and develop that self-love and caring compassion for yourself which rebuilds those damage part of us.
- Learn to be kind, caring, considerate and empathetic.
- If things don’t go right, you’ve got so much more of your life ahead of you.
- Learn to have gratitude and celebrate the little wins
Facebook: Motivational Counselling Solutions
Connect with The ManBits
- Get rewards and support Men’s Health: Become a Patron of The ManBits
- Join our growing MBP Facebook Community
- Follow Paul @themanbits on Twitter
- Follow Follow @themanbits on Instagram
- Email feedback@TheManBits.com (short audio files welcome)
Disclosure: This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship and may receive compensation from your actions through such links. However, I don’t let that corrupt my perspective and I don’t recommend only affiliates.
Disclaimer: Some of the content of this podcast may contain topics of a sensitive nature such as depression, anxiety and suicide. Whilst I have experience in coaching, training and remedial therapy I’m not to provide mental health advice or counselling. Therefore, engaging with the content of this podcast should not be considered a substitute to professional therapy.
GET THE INSIDE STORY
Join the growing community and receive podcast updates to your inbox
We respect your privacy